the times, like the leaves, are a changing

Tuesday, January 3, 2006

2006

Maybe 06' will be better....

It seems like forever since I've had a chance to sit down and write. I've actually found in recent weeks that writing about myself and reading more lately, have become my only forms of true solace. I appreciate my social life and what it offers, but lately I've felt the need to get back to what is core to me...ME. I've forgotten/forsaken some of the things that I used to enjoy, sometimes at a moments notice.

Being in a relationship is like no other feeling or experience in the world, but it can also be draining if the balance is off. Over the past month or so things have really been stressful. Juggling my relationship, planning a holiday party, having my parents in town and stayin with me for Christmas weekend, going upstate for an ill fated ski weekend and then finally entertaining a guest of Josh's at the apartment when we just got back from what was supposed to be a vacation. In a word I was just STRESSED and my patience wained.

I guess I have to learn to take things in stride, but at the same time something's gotta give. I can't do it all on my own. That may not always be the case, but it sure feels like it sometimes.

The highlights were that the holiday party and NYE weekend was a success. NYE I went out with a great group of people, had an awesome dinner and brought in the new year enjoying eachothers company and snapping lots of photos. I'll definitely remember 05' for all it's ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment