I wish there were more article written like this one. It's clear, has evidence and is founded on simple fact. If we really want to get back to the basics...then let's get back to the basics. They served us well then, what's so different now?
Society has evolved since then. Although the founding principals are beautiful, they cannot function under the stresses of the modern world. The concentration of political and monetary power into the hands of the few, and the ease with which the propaganda machine can dupe the masses into blind submission, undermines the foundation that those principals depend upon. The average person does not have the necessary information to protect themselves from being manipulated into willingly betraying themselves.
Current events and social issues used to bore me. Now, more than ever, I can't get enough. I've always had the desire to debate and seek more of the truth, (got me in loads of trouble in school) but as I've gotten older I've become more focused and passionate about both.
I'm here to write about what's going on in the world from my perspective and learn from others as I go along. This blog will range from politics to entertainment, from economics to religion and beyond. It's my goal to get people to think critically on the issues and not just accept what's fed to us as the gospel truth. This will be a forum for free-thinking and collaboration. With the help of contributors and readers maybe we'll be able to break the cycle of ignorance one person at a time.
I wish there were more article written like this one. It's clear, has evidence and is founded on simple fact. If we really want to get back to the basics...then let's get back to the basics. They served us well then, what's so different now?
ReplyDeleteSociety has evolved since then. Although the founding principals are beautiful, they cannot function under the stresses of the modern world. The concentration of political and monetary power into the hands of the few, and the ease with which the propaganda machine can dupe the masses into blind submission, undermines the foundation that those principals depend upon. The average person does not have the necessary information to protect themselves from being manipulated into willingly betraying themselves.
ReplyDelete